Cleansing products seem to be the new thing, because some people believe that there is a connection between cleansing your digestive system and your capability to lose weight quickly. The GO Cleanse system is one of those systems that claims to do a number of different things so that you can get the best cleanse possible, thus resulting in weight loss. Let’s take a closer look at the program and see if it stands up to the test.
It was actually very difficult to find an ingredient list for the product, and it took awhile to find the information that I needed, which is never a good sign.
There are three main ingredients found in GO Cleanse Extreme. Let’s look at each of them more closely.
– Acai berry. Acai berries are known to have antioxidant properties; they are high in fiber and they have amino acids. Some people have embraced the Acai berry and say that it is better than any other fruit for detoxifying the bowels, but there really isn’t a lot of proof when it comes to whether or not that is true. They’re good for you, but they aren’t super powerful by any means.
– Cape aloe plant. This is just a fancy name for an aloe plant, or aloe vera. Aloe vera is usually used in medical purposes, for burns and other things, but it has started to be included in a number of cleanse products. Why? Because it’s a laxative. It was originally used to help constipation, and it got converted into being used for its laxative purposes in cleanses and diets.
– Bentonite Clay. This clay is used for a number of detoxifying tasks in a number of different medications and cleanses. The reason is because it can help to clear out the parasites and other negative things in your system. It has been known to have healing qualities.
Is it safe?
On the surface, it would seem like it would be. But there are actually a number of issues that may come up because of the different ingredients. Let’s take a brief look at each of them.
– If you are taking aloe frequently, it can increase your risk of cancer and it can cause some kidney problems if you take too much of it at a time. It is not indicated how much aloe is in these supplements, but it is likely quite high and should probably be approached with caution.
– Bentonite clay supplements in the United Kingdom have actually been shown to have levels of lead and arsenic in them, which can give you an increased risk of different types of cancers and other medical problems. That’s not to say that all Bentonite clay products have those in it, but almost every product with Bentonite clay that the UK health services tested had at least some level of each chemical. So, the fact that it Bentonite clay is found in this product puts up a big red flag.
– Acai berry is the only truly safe ingredient found in Go Cleanse. There are really no side effects associated with Acai Berry, unless you have allergies to pollen or have sensitivities to berries that are related to the Acai berry. Then you may want to avoid it. Otherwise, it’s perfectly safe.
As you can see, this product is probably not a good one to be using. Some cleanses are just fine, but if you are looking for one that is safe, actually works, and doesn’t have any health risks, the GO Cleanse is definitely not the way that you want to go. You want to look for other products that do not contain such dangerous chemicals.